Depending on the kind of videos you produce as a filmmaker visual effects – even when they are playful –
can enrich your videos and draw the viewer’s attention. Adorage Volume 12 and 13 contain effects which
are especially suitable for travel and wedding videos, videos of family gatherings or other festivities and
special moments. With Adorage you can accentuate particular parts of your video and create spectacular
scenic transitions. ProDAD Adorage Effects Package Volume 12 HD contains:
- More than 1000 effects focusing on the subjects “skylines and contours”
- Around 1200 effects on the topic “sights“
- Sophisticated split-screen effects and video collages
- Numerous universally applicable effects (such as textures, decorative framing effects, lighting effects, etc.)
- Hundreds of effects focusing on the subjects “family, festivities, parties”
- Hundreds of effects focusing on the subjects “love and romance”
- Impressive animations focusing on the subjects “ambience and symbols”
- Universally applicable effects, particle animations, light effects and compositions
With Adorage you can create excellent video compositions in a very short time. All effects are on demand
with the simple click of a mouse: Choose the effect, position and individualize it. Compositions, short clips
and more are fit seamlessly together with your own video material. Video and photos are equally suited since
Adorage 13 works with both. Integration of other Adorage Volumes ProDAD Adorage 12 and 13 include
already a plug-in for EDIUS 7/8. With this plug-in automatically older Adorage Volumes which are installed
on your computer can be integrated in EDIUS Starting from Volume 10 all Adorage effects are available in
HD 16:9 format. Volumes 1-9 only offer SD quality.
ProDAD Vitascene V2 Pro – effects and filters
ProDAD Vitascene V2 Pro is the optimal tool to give your video a special look, create a mood or just
add more individuality. Vitascene V2 Pro includes over 600 fully customizable effects in broadcast
quality. As mentioned by the manufacturer ProDAD Vitascene V2 Pro is an „All in one solution“.
- Transition effects
- Video filters (e.g. tilt-shift)
- Filmlook effects
- Text effects
- Tools for picture optimization
When using ProDAD Vitascene V2 Pro you can concentrate more on the creative part of your work, since
all effects are rendered super-fast by a graphics card’s GPU. Depending on your GPU’s performance, time
consuming rendering belongs to the past. Due to GPU processing even complex effects can be rendered 50
times faster than before. Modern graphics cards have an extremely high level of computing power, which
is vastly superior to that of the CPUs used in PCs. With Vitascene this power is used to create effects!
Here you can find out if your graphics card is applicable for
Download des ProDAD GPU-Tests Add highlights to your scenes by using light
filters. Create reflections in your films with gleaming light, a romantic mood with color-or light/ dark changes,
dynamic or epochal atmospheres. Your most important scenes can be presented with a spotlight effect,
or animated and perfected with a simple keyframe. Optimize your video by setting sharpness and contrast,
color and brightness. When rendering effects ProDAD Vitascene V2 Pro also includes the affected clips. If
for example an object meets a light effect, even the object itself will start glowing. When the object moves
further away from the light source the glow intensity will decrease. By simply changing some parameters
you can get high quality effects – much easier and faster than in other software. ProDAD Vitascene V2 Pro
support alpha channel and offers special text effects for highlighting titles and logos. The tilt-shift effect
which is new in Version 2 just needs few clicks to convert your video into a fantastic toy landscape – without
having used any special camera lens.
ProDAD Mercalli V2 Pro – stabilizer
Even though nowadays shaky video footage has become a stylistic device…we can recommend an
established tool against seasickness and dizziness: ProDAD MercalliV2 Pro: The application is designed
to smoothen and optimize video footage. It can be used for:
- Stabilization of jittery hand-held shots
- Optimization of footage produced with Dolly, steadycam or camera crane
Already by setting a few basic parameters a hand-held camera shot can be stabilized very effectively with
roDAD Mercalli. If you wish for, all parameters can be displayed detailed in one menu. Regardless of whether
the footage was shot from a helicopter, motorbike or car – Mercalli can stabilize your video without destroying
the authentic character of a hand-held camera. In other situations an extensive stabilization might be required
for example when you have footage produced with a Dolly, steadycam or camera crane. Here every bump
might destroy the visual impression of the shot. But it is your decision how your video should look like. ProDAD
Mercalli will evaluate your footage in a detailed but fast analysis method. In contrary to SD material HD
ootage usually contains enough of sharpness to let ProDAD Mercalli zoom in – in order to stabilize the video.
Besides scaling the video up it is also possible to choose a frame to mask the cut image.
Rolling-Shutter-Correction integrated Video-DSR-Cameras are very popular nowadays but the risk for
camera shakes is much higher than with shoulder mount cameras. Furthermore DSLR-cameras typically work
with CMOS sensors which can lead to Rolling-Shutter effects – especially if you move your camera fast. By
applying an “Anti-Rolling-Shutter-Filter” ProDAD Mercalli corrects such sensor distortions.
ProDAD Mercalli V4 SAL + is two products in one
Fully automatic CMOS sensor distortion correction ends the jiggle, wiggle and wobble found in fast-action
videos typically made with action cameras and aerial copters and planes. Even when gimbals and other
dampening mounts are used, oscillation vibrations from engines, rotors, and road/trail sources can still cause
jitter and jello. Mercalli V4 SAL+ only needs to analyze 10 or so video frames to “learn” the camera’s imaging
sensor characteristics. Then it applies the correction automatically. Options include a draft-correction mode
and higher-quality modes that take longer to process but yield the best quality. Enjoy highly effective stabilization
without compromising the original character of the video. New action camera stabilization profile & camera
optics selection offers optimal stabilization of warped (fisheye) images without needing to de-warp first– an
industry first. Instead of correcting videos one at a time, you can now load an unlimited number into Mercalli
V4 SAL+ – Multiple clips can be imported and analyzed as a batch, and corrected clips can be exported & rendered
as a batch, each with customized settings. Use the media-bin as your storyboard. Mercalli V4 SAL+ can “combine”
several clips together to create one export file for a fast rough-cut movie. Simple and intuitive clip editing allows
“click & drag” adjustment of the beginning and end of a video clip before applying correction to save processing
time and get just the parts you want. You can preview your video in full resolution before rendering. At the same
time, you can view side-by-side before and after comparisons of your film. Whether you’re sharing it or importing
it to a video editor, you can export your optimized video in several industry standard formats including new
HEVC/H.265 (mov), H.264/AVC (mp4 & mov), Motion JPEG (mov), and Apple ProRes (mov). Dolby AC-3 audio
is supported too.
NewBlue Amplify plus – effects, transitions and titler
NewBlue’s Amplify bundle delivers a collection of the best filters, transitions and title plug-ins from NewBlue
FX. It contains 35 video filters and 17 transitions with over 650 presets and Titler Pro 6 including the 2
template packs “Fluid Motion Pack” and “Kinetic Motion Pack” with 32 title templates. All filters, effects
and titlers can be integrated directly into EDIUS 8/9. With Amplify plus NewBlue FX provides a comprehensive
set of tools for any editing task in EDIUS.
Get an overview of all filters and effects of
the bundle in this playlist:List of included Plug-ins 37 filters: Filter – Elements:
- Active Camera: Simulate camera movements to imitate a jittery hand-held camera.
- Chroma Key Pro: Remove solid colors easily and convert them to alphas or create outlines and shadows.
- Outline: Create multicolored glows around text, objects, or people.
- Picture Grid: Create a variety of different frames within your picture.
- Reflection: Create and control a mirrored reflection of your image.
- Tile: Replicate your video into a grid-like wall.
- Viewfinder: Simulate the on-screen display of a video camera recording.
- Color Fixer Pro: Fix color balance, saturation and brightness to produce the perfect image.
- Detail Enhancer: Sharpen image details by strengthening and darkening lines and edges.
- Flash Remover Pro: Capture live events without worrying about distracting camera flashes.
- Gamma Corrector: Sharpen details and boost your image’s color, saturation and warmth.
- Lens Correction: Correct lens distortion to improve quality, or add it for a fisheye view.
- Progressive Stretch: Format your video into widescreen without sacrificing image quality or black sidebars.
- Selective Focus: Blur the surroundings of a region, object, or person to highlight it directly.
- Skin Touch Up: Soften wrinkles and remove blemishes without retouching an entire image.
- Stabilizer: Eliminate shaky footage using a powerful analyzer to get a smooth, jitter-free video.
- ColorFast: Create perfect videos with the ultimate color correction and color grading tool
- ColorReplace: Change the color of different objects without harshing the raw details.
- Diffusion: Add a soft glow to your footage to change the color and focus of your image.
- Film Color: Modify color and adjust lighting to recreate the classic look of film.
- Frame Rate: Convert live footage into a dynamic sequence of photos.
- Old TV: Manipulate your footage to recreate the look of classic tube television.
- Saturation EQ: Seperate the color spectrum to choose colors you want to enhance.
- Spotlight: Overlay a specific region onto a preset backdrop to spotlight it.
- Tilt Shift: Create depth of field in your video to spotlight a particular region.
- Vignette: Use these preset vignettes to creatively frame your video.
- Earthquake: Simulate the motion of an earthquake by blurring, jolting and rattling your image.
- Impressionist: Create a colorful abstract painting out of your video.
- Mosaic: Transform your video into a mosaic by creating sequences of tiles.
- Neon Lights: Create colorful pockets of light by enhancing the edges of your video frame.
- RGB Shift: Separate the red, green, and bluee elements within an image to create an edgy look.
- Rolling Waves: Simulate the effect of water washing over your video by warping your scene into waves
- Shear Energy: Create a shear, bended motion effect by blurring the image on two axes.
- Water Color: Soften colors and blur edges of objects to give a smooth, fluid look
- Zoom Blur: Dramatically pull into video, creating the effect that you’re flying into the screen.
- 3D Blow Apart: Break, burst and shred between scenes with this acion-packed plugin.
- 3D Bouncing Frames: Animate your scene transitions by adding bouncing frames within a picture.
- 3D Checkerboard: Shuffle, collapse and stack one scene away, then introduce the
- 3D Intesity Grid: Expand 3D objects across the screen, then crumble to reveal the next clip.
- 3D Louvers: Blend, flip and bounce between clips for transitions with dimensional range.
- 3D Sliced Cubes: Layer cutouts of the next clip over the previous one.
- Glow Pro: Create soft sources of light, then harshen them to morph into the next scene.
- Neon Lights: Create colorful pockets of light by enhancing the edges of your video frame.
- Photo Blast: Smeared rays cast through images to wash away one scene and fade into the next.
- Plasma Glow: Transition from one scene to the next with a dynamic shimmering blast of light.
- RGB Shift: Separate red, green and blue objects, then shake them into the next image.
- Roll: Create the look of camera film rolling over a projector.
- Scanner: Shift in and out of scenes with a fluorescent beam of light.
- Shear: Smear your scene in diagonal directions.
- Traveling Rays: Move from one scene to the next with brihgt beams of shining light.
- Twirl: Twist and swirl images into a blur that unravels to reveal the next scene.
- Zoom: Blur and pan rays dramatically across the scene to move between cuts.
- Titler Pro 4 quickly delivers polished 2D & 3D text and graphics natively in your NLE.
- Title template pack Fluid Motion Pack including 16 built-in templates
- Title template pack Kinetic Motion Pack including 16 spectacular built-in templates
ProDAD Heroglpyh V4 Pro – Video Titler solution
ProDAD Heroglyph V4 Pro is the ideal software to create professional video titles and animations. Thanks
to „QuickStart-presets“ even beginners can easily create high-quality animations for the following fields:
- Titles and subtitles (lower-third)
- Animation of travel routes
- Composition of slideshows and video walls
- Auto-animated handscripts
Heroglyph V4 offers a vast collection of over 500 templates and elements. Pre-set animations can be customized
individually according to your needs. The handling is easy and logical. The menu navigation is based on Microsoft
Office and therefore does not require any adjustment. Hence, ProDAD Heroglyph V4 Pro is perfect for ambitious
amateurs as well as professional users like wedding videographers who need more functionalities than basic
title solutions integrated in Premiere, EDIUS & Co. can offer. You can use Heroglyph as a Stand-alone software
but also as a plug-in in EDIUS. As a plug-in Heroglyph is integrated in the EDIUS effect palette and offers a lot
of advantages. If you want to accelerate or slow down a travel route you just have to shorten or extend the
particular clip on the EDIUS timeline. All adjustments and changes can be made within the EDIUS project. This
makes it easy to keep an overview over complex animations and possible changes. Every adjustment can be
monitored immediately on the EDIUS timeline and if necessary optimized. To find out more about Heroglyph
V4 watch the
Neat Video – noise reduction for digital video
Noise is a serious problem in digital video editing. Many times footage produced by digital video cameras,
camcorders, digital TV-tuners, digitizers etc. has a disturbing slight noise. Neat Video is a video filter designed
to reduce visible noise and grain in video footage. Neat Video works with modern algorithms to reduce noise.
They were developed especially for digital image and video editing by a professional working group. These
algorithms top the quality of all classical and Wavelet based noise reduction methods. Wavelet based methods
exist since 15-20 years on the market and are still considered as modern. But Neat Video uses an even newer
and more efficient approach. With Neat Video it is therefore possible to distinguish between noise and details
in a video. While noise can be reduced, detailed information in your video clip will be conserved. Since Neat
Video is easy to handle, beginners as well as experienced users will soon achieve results. Features:
- Extended noise reduction in videoclips
- Temporal and spatial intra-frame filters
- Automatic noise analysis
- Intelligent filter for sharpening the video without intensification of noise
- CUDA and OpenCL acceleration – supported by current GPUs
- Neat Video offers currently the most exact video noise reduction
- Neat Video efficiently reduces noise of the following types:
- digital sensor noise produced by digital video capturing devices
- film grain visible in digitized film or analog
- dust, scratches, compression artifacts
here to download a demo version plug-in with limited functionality. (Resolution only upto 1024×640,
maximun length: 30 minutes, watermark ) To download the manual (user guide) click here (pdf, 0,4MB).
Voxengo Voxformer VST 2.8 Audiofilter
By what can the audio quality of a professional film be characterized? It is the accurate mixture of background
sounds, music, speech and of course voice over. Voxengo Voxformer optimizes voice recordings (if needed even
music and musical instruments) and therefore helps even untrained speakers to gain more presence and clarity.
Voxformer offers following tools and effects:
- Two independent compressors for individual compression of highs and lows
- 5-band parametric equalizer (individually configurable)
- Noise Gate (for e.g. to eliminate breath)
- De-Esser (to eliminate sibilants)
- Presence (add more overtones to get more brilliance)
- Saturation (increasing vocal saturation)
- Powerful presets for different applications, vocals and instruments.
If you wish you can also optimize the results further and save own presets for later usage. Voxformer is designed
to optimize singing and speaking voices without distorting them or giving them a synthetic sound. Compare yourself
the results of Voxformer with those of other compressors which often cost many times more than Voxformer. Of
course it is also possible to defamiliarize your audio by using special effects. You can make an audio sound like
it’s being played on radio or through a telephone. But the most fascinating feature of Voxformer might be the
ability to make a voice sound professional by using only one slide control. You neither have to be a sound
engineer nor have to understand the complex algorithms which take effect. If you enjoy audio editing and
would like to get deeper into the topic, Voxengo Voxformer offers you all options to tune your sound individually
on a professional level.
Furthermore it interacts perfectly with EDIUS 8.
Whenever you apply a preset or change a parameter you can listen to the changes in your audio section
by playing a loop in real time on the EDIUS timeline. That way you can optimize your sound in real time.
If you want to edit your audio professionally Voxengo Voxformer plugin for EDIUS is highly recommended.
Tip: Offering more quality Voxengo Voxformer VST Plugin is the ideal alternative for former iZotope VST
32.-bit Plugin which do not run anymore in EDIUS Pro 7 and Pro 8.
Acon Digital Restoration Suite – VST audio filters
When shooting a video sequence you cannot always avoid recording some noise. Sometimes you might find
out only in the editing suite that there are some disturbing audio signals in your footage. To fix this in the
postproduction is usually very time consuming and often does not lead to the hoped for results. How often
do you have failed to remove noise like hiss, wind noise or broadband noise from important scenes? With ACON
Digital Restauration Suite for EDIUS it is possible to reduce different kind of noise in less time and good quality
Great efforts have been put into preserving as much of the original signal and it’s character as possible during
the noise reduction process. The ACON Digital Restauration Suite for EDIUS consists of four audio restoration
plug-ins that can be combined individually: DeNoise is designed to reduce stationary noise such as broadband
noise, hiss, wind noise, buzz and camera noise. You can freeze the noise profile anytime in order to perform the
actual noise reduction.
DeHum targets hum and buzz typically introduced by poorly grounded electrical equipment, but also other
tonal noise sources like electrical motor noise. The integrated monitoring function allows you to only reply
the audio signal that has to be removed. Using this function parameters can be set precisely
DeClick is designed to remove impulsive noise. Impulsive noise such as clicks and crackle are frequently
encountered on LP and 78 RPM records, but also occur in digital recordings due to drop-outs or distorted
data packets. Due to their metal sound these distortions can be very annoying
DeClip restores audio recordings distorted by analog or digital clipping Experts recommend operating a camera
manually instead of relying on automatic functions. This avoids disturbances regarding the volume, which occur
when the automatic recording level control tries to set the level of an air condition in the background to the same
level of the spoken words of an interviewee. But when setting the recording level manually clipping can occur.
This happens during recording when the recording level is too high and the highest peaks cannot be correctly
recorded. DeClip substitutes such distorted peaks with an estimation of the signal curve.
Demo audio filesClick here to find audio samples before and after being edited with Acon Digital Restoration Suite.
ACON Digital Restauration Suite for EDIUS can be used perfectly in combination with Voxengo Voxformer. It
allows you to have best audio quality for your EDIUS productions – for a small price. Tip: ACON Digital
Restauration Suite for EDIUS is the optimal solution for users new in audio editing as well as a reasonably
priced alternative for former users of ReduNoise, a 32-bit application which cannot be integrated in EDIUS 8
any longer. ACONoffersbetter performance and more options to improve your audio for a reasonable price.
Acon DeVerberate – Reverb Reduction Plug-in
The balance between direct sound and reverberation is essential for the acoustic quality of audiorecordings. DeVerberate is a reverb reduction plug-in that can attenuate or boost the reverberation
that is already present in recorded material. The novel real-time algorithm works equally well with
mono as with stereo recordings and splits the incoming audio into an estimation of the direct sound
and the reverberated sound which can then be recombined freely. The improvement process can be
monitored visually using the spectral representations of the input and output signal as well as of the
estimated reverberation. Use Cases
- Attenuate reverberation in existing recordings
- Change the perceived distance in a mix by changing the balance between the direct sound and the reverberation
- Improve dialog and location sound
- Forensic specialists can improve speech intelligibility
- Boost the natural reverberation in existing recordings
- Separate adjustments of the direct sound and the reverberation levels
- Manual adjustment of the decay time of the original reverberation
- Frequency spectrum representation of the following signals:
- Input signal
- Output signal
- Estimated reverberation
- Frequency emphasis filter for the the reduction level
- High and low shelving filters with variable slopes (-3 to -96 dB/ octave)
- High and low peak filters with adjustable bandwidth (0.1 to 3.0 octaves)
- Graphical representation of frequency response
- Editing of filter settings through handles in the freqency response curve
Click here to listen to audio samples.